Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

"Wrinkled" Used Paracord.....

Inquires and feedback regarding miscellaneous materials (e.g. buckles, rings, rope and cords).

"Wrinkled" Used Paracord.....

Postby rondom69 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Hey all,

I know everyone that ties has seen/experienced this. You tie some project then say a week later you decide you do not like it and take it apart to find your paracord "wrinkled". Any suggestions on how to straighten it back out? At least a little so it can be used again?

Best I have found so far, and it does not work as well as I would like, is to hang it in the bathroom during hot showers. I put a hook on the wall and hang the cord from it. Even tried to hang a weight of some sort on the cord to stretch it a bit. Hoping the steam would release the cord. Again this is with limited success. Most of my projects that I would rather undo and use the cord again wind up in a box of scrap for dog and cat toys.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Ron
rondom69

Re: "Wrinkled" Used Paracord.....

Postby Rawk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Greetings, there's one thing that I usually try - use a clean rounded edge from a table or something and i don't even know how you describe this in english...but look at this video, and imagine it's you with a wrinkled paracord and a rounded edge. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihgRjXjC538#t=0m48s

Only watch for a few seconds and you know what I mean, try this with your paracord instead of a wire saw. If you don't mind it can become somewhat flatter. Just make sure the surface is clean and smooth.

I guess the result also depends on how long the cord was used in your project.
And maybe you get better results when the cord is wet.
Rawk

Re: "Wrinkled" Used Paracord.....

Postby frobvi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:29 am

I have never thought about that, but i think that now i need to do that
frobvi

Return to Materials Questions