Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

What size beads to use

Inquires and feedback regarding miscellaneous materials (e.g. buckles, rings, rope and cords).

What size beads to use

Postby bgcleatus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:16 am

I was thinking about adding some beads to some of my bracelets. I was thinking of maybe so small round beads on the outer edge of a bug belly bar. Does anyone know what size I would need to order. not really sure on the outer diameter or the hole size. Any help would be apreciated.
bgcleatus

Re: What size beads to use

Postby AndySocial » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 am

If you look for beads with a 4mm or larger hole, you'll probably avoid a lot of frustration. Also, beads labeled as "Pandora compatible" or "European Charm Bracelet" beads are generally a good fit.

As for actually stringing beads, that's a matter for some trial and error. I've put some beads on the core strands with a solomon bar winding around them, and other beads on the perimeter of a double-tatted bar or similar style. If you loosen the tie a bit, the KBK bar could host some beads on the edges as well. Play around and show us what you come up with!
AndySocial

Postby bgcleatus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks for the help on this
bgcleatus

Postby kneaveworks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:28 am

Another good source is a company called Fire Mountian Gem. They sell a lot of beading stuff and have a large assortment of Pandora compatible beads. Its called the Dione Add A Bead System in their catalog. Their prices are pretty resonable and their customer service is awesome.
kneaveworks

Postby Solands23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:18 am

Pandora jewelry has created a name because of their beautiful design that has captured a lot of hearts.  In fact, it's my wife's favorite jewelry brand because of its beautiful charms and accessories.  No wonder a lot of positive reviews, written by other clients themselves can be read when you visit online. Such elegant pieces of jewelry made with sophisticated touch.
Solands23

Return to Materials Questions