Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

Bead clasp

Seeking or presenting information regarding rare or difficult to find instructions.

Bead clasp

Postby Hartdr4 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I've seen a few examples of paracord bracelets that use a bead instead of a knot for a clasp. How do you incorporate a bead for clasp in a typical cobra stich bracelet?
Hartdr4

Re: Bead clasp

Postby Hrafn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Greetings!

You could do this a few ways, one would be to use a wooden bead with a hole large enough for the two strands to fit through. Another would be to first knot then cut and singe one of the strands so you are only beading one strand.

If you have any links or images it would be easier to describe what is going on in it.

Hrafn
Hrafn

Postby onikus » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:12 am

here is a image of how I do it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

basically I just take a 18" cord fold in half then take your other piece of cord and start your cobra. when I get to the end i cut one of the center cords and singe it, and put a bead on the other.

the biggest advantage of this method sizing i make a lot of stuff for other people this way they can just adjust it to fit perfectly every time.
onikus

Postby CygnuS » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:35 pm

I've seen some designs where the cord is melted where it comes out of the bead instead of a knot. That keeps it cleaner. Just a thought
So many knotts . . . So little time . . .
CygnuS

Postby onikus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I normally leave it knotted until the person gets it fit to their wrist then I cut off the slack and melt it.
onikus

Postby Fragite » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:58 am

I just use side-release buckles....
They're cheap (REALLY, REALLY CHEAP) if you look at the right place, reliable, and they look ever-so-snazzy! :mrgreen:
Fragite

Postby cwbyzfn69 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 am

I'm with Fragite on this one. I use side release buckles on all my bracelets and dog collars and on neck lanyards I use breakaway safety barrells. Imho they look much nicer and yup they are pretty cheap if you look hard enough.

Just my 2 cents
Josh
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes :roll:

http://www.avoidingmywife.com
cwbyzfn69

Postby mabel_marble » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 am

cwbyzfn69 wrote:I'm with Fragite on this one. I use side release buckles on all my bracelets and dog collars and on neck lanyards I use breakaway safety barrells. Imho they look much nicer and yup they are pretty cheap if you look hard enough.

Just my 2 cents
Josh

I like the clean look and non-bulginess of side release buckle, too, but there are some lovely designs which can be worn on both sides and if you use bent buckles like me, this doesn't work.
Not knotting is not on
mabel_marble

Postby pittiesmom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 pm

I use the side release buckles as well, though I did notice the problem with not being able to use them on a reversible bracelet. Maybe if you got flat side release buckles instead of contoured ones it might work better. For my necklaces I found the perfect size cord clasp endings at Walmart. I think they were 48 for $2.
pittiesmom

Postby FrayedKnots » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:53 am

I'm really not a big fan of knot or bead clasps since there is a definite issue of the thing coming undone at the least opportune time. I use contoured side release buckles. Yep, they don't allow you to reverse the bracelet, but I think the straight ones look bad and aren't all that comfortable.
FrayedKnots

Next

Return to Research & Investigations