Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

how to make a paracord belt

Seeking or presenting information regarding rare or difficult to find instructions.

how to make a paracord belt

Postby sfaris1976 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:00 am

I have found a design for a belt and I am having trouble figuring the math on how much paracord I will need to complete the project. I'm using the wide cobra stich to make the belt. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks
sfaris1976

Re: how to make a paracord belt

Postby rondom69 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:27 am

I have made several belts myself. The best advice I can give you is to use a fixed amount of cord, (Say 6 foot) and use however many strands you need to tie your pattern. Then begin tying the belt until you run out of cord. Then measure the result and do some math to determine what you need to tie a belt that will fit whomever your tying it for. Example. You start with 3 cords 6 foot long and you wind up with say.... 12 inches of belt. Do a little math and you can determine if you need a 36 inch belt you need 18 foot of each strand of cord. REMEMBER this is an EXAMPLE and not actual lengths.

When I do these types of projects I ALWAYS add at least 10 percent of the total length calculated to make sure you have enough cord. When your tying something this long and involved you DO NOT want to run out of cord at the end. (that means for the above example add 1.8 foot of cord to each strand. or simply make each strand 20 foot long)

Hope that helps you out. I would hazard a guess that NO ONE here will give you an exact amount of cord to make X-inches of belt for fear that you would come up short and then be upset. Trial and error has given me the above. Trust me when I say that I have come up short more than once when tying a long belt and its a pain to undo.
rondom69

Postby Kitsich » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:29 am

rondom69 wrote:I have made several belts myself.

Could you show photos of your belts. Thank you.
Сuriosity killed the cat, idiom example. The knowledge on Wikipedia, Yanglish that teach us to be wiser
Kitsich

Postby klubted » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am

I like to make such belts. They are great!
klubted

Postby riya123 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:37 am

This is really a pleasant and useful, containing all data furthermore greatly affect the new innovation. Much obliged for sharing it,

Avriq
Avriq India
riya123

Return to Research & Investigations