Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

Knotical Bowtie

Fusion knot and historical knot tutorials.

Knotical Bowtie

Postby knotmaster258 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Once upon atime, after countless paracord ties, I became bored and decided to come up with something unique. Thus, the Knotical Bowtie was born (another reason I created this is because bowties are cool). The bowtie is made up of 2 of JD's Mayan Temple Knots, a rope binding them together, and a turks head around the binding rope.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4141/k17g.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/7206/mwew.jpg

I believe that I have invented this knot (as in I haven't seen it in my search on the internet, if you have seen it, please tell me!). If I can dedicate this knot, I jointly dedicate it to JD Lenzen, and to Dan Calahan (a.k.a. Dan Alaska) for all of their work in knots and other ropecraft. A proposal/challenge I have for someone who is interested is to figure out how to make a dress tie out of rope. I will try to post a tutorial for the bowtie soon.

p.s. if you see this JD you are amazing and I have tied roughly 90% of your ties you've created tutorials, Thanks.
knotmaster258

Re: Knotical Bowtie

Postby Dutch » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 am

Great Job! I fancy wearing bowties myself. A lot safer on the neck when around the grand babies!

Going to have to give this a try.
Dutch

Re: Knotical Bowtie

Postby freakmonkey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 am

I actually have something of a design for a knot neck tie made out of a twelve strand flat braid, if I remember correctly.It might be a fourteen strand flat braid. I'll post a pic soon. I really like the bow tie too!
freakmonkey

Return to Knot & Tie Tutorials