Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

Horse lead rope

Fusion knot and historical knot tutorials.

Horse lead rope

Postby Ronearwaker » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:42 am

Does anyone know of a video or instructions for making a horse lead rope. I have seen the videos of dog leads but they are not thick enough. I need something a bit more substantial that wont slip through my fingers.
Ronearwaker

Re: Horse lead rope

Postby synergjohnwv » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm

what diameter and length?
synergjohnwv

Postby d_dsmith » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:33 pm

The horse lead I want to make has knots tied, 5 or 6, across the mid section to stop slippage. Clips & buckles @ each end with 11 inches folded back - 69 inches in the middle. The 3 braiding lengths consist of 3 parcord side-by-side for a total of 9 lengths of 92 inches of paracord... We guess that each 3x was heated (maybe ironed) to make them lay flat... And maybe ironed when finished to keep it flat... I am new here and this is one of the projects I want to make for a friend... I do not have a pic as the lead was at the Stockyard... Teaching and instruction are not my forte - I do apologize.
d_dsmith

Postby synergjohnwv » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Can you tell me if there is a website that you can find that has a picture of it
synergjohnwv

Postby Rawk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 am

Greetings,

i've made a horse lead rope for my mom as a gift a few month ago.
While reading this thread I was wondering, why you don't want it to slip through your fingers easily ?!

Because that's exactly what she advised me to - in case of the horse goes crazy or runs, she can easily let go off the rope. (You don't want to be stuck to that rope when a horse runs.)
I'm really no horse expert but when she told me, it made sense. Especially for ladies that carry jewelry like rings.

Pics:

I used typ1 white paracord between, for adding thickness.
Did a few twists in the stitch, but thickness almost didn't change until the end with the carabiner, as requested.
At the end i was allowed to add a small 'Wrapture' and left a few inch of cord so you could exchange the carabiner at any time. Back then I think it took me almost 10 hours to create it. :lol: Got to admit, it would look completely different today, since i bought JD's books...in Vol.2 there's the 'Spectrally Clustered Crown Sinnet' maybe i would have used this instead.
Rawk

Postby amal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:57 am

When you form the snake knot, manage the location of the fuse spot so that it is relatively hidden and so that the knot shows each color evenly. That will make a simple, thin, single strand blue loop as your starting feature and nothing but snake knots below.
amal

Return to Knot & Tie Tutorials