Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

paracord bracelet with a loop on each end?

The place to generate conversations about fusion knots or knotting in general.

paracord bracelet with a loop on each end?

Postby teb0911 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:07 am

I am trying to make a cobra weave into as shoulder lanyard that has a loop on each end to add a split ring. Is this possible? I know how to get the loop on one end but the other is my problem. Should I even use cobra weave?

Any help would be appreciated.

TB
teb0911

Re: paracord bracelet with a loop on each end?

Postby AndySocial » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:38 am

If you use a separate loop of cord for the core strands, you can just melt the ends together and hide them within the weave. That might be simplest method.
AndySocial

Postby teb0911 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 am

That was the only thing that I could think of, but was curious if there was a better way. Thank you very much!!
teb0911

Postby JD~TIAT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:23 am

Explore, Discover, Innovate!
JD~TIAT

Postby teb0911 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks for the information.

I have made lanyards before that I have connected rings to the end. I guess I'm a little OCD b/c I was wanting to make each end look identical, which would be a single loop.
teb0911

Postby VCobra » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 am

You could do it with a single loop but that would involve hooking the remaining strands back into the body work and burning them all shut which would look rather messy I think.
Hey, wanna tie the knot? Give me a hand with my Solomon Bar? Nothing suss.....
VCobra

Postby rondom69 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 pm

Assume your trying to make some kind of shoulder lanyard to carry something that will connect at two points and be thrown over your shoulder.

Make your cobra weave the length you want it to be but add a single cord thru the middle while your tying the weave (basically have three cords down the middle). when you get done singe the ends of the weave itself and you should then have one single cord out of both ends and you could attach the ring with say a constrictor knot.

I did the same thing making a turkey sling for a hunter friend of mine. He wanted to be able to carry out one turkey without having to use his hands to carry it. Works very well according to him. I made it long enough that he can put it around his neck on one side and the lanyard crosses his chest and back with the turkey at his hip. Gun on one side turkey on the other....

My 2 coppers worth.
Ron
rondom69

Postby Troberg » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 am

Instead of having two center strands, use four. Just let the center strand go back and forth twice. That way, you'll have a loop on each end, and both ends of the cord at the same end so you can begin the cobra.
Troberg

Postby verstellen » Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 pm

verstellen

Next

Return to General Discussions